Thursday, March 24, 2005

Noticing that nothing is different except everything

Do let me generalise just a little
Basic observations about the differences of life between here and Ireland.
Here the weather is good generally, people are generally tired, generally find life difficult, generally are not happy, generally moan, complain, are often sick or break a bone, and generally don't realise how good they have it. They think the Cote d'Azur is expensive, is full of foriegners and always want to be somewhere else but never go. Generally they eat good food, drink great wine and are laid back except when in their cars and they think they have the worst roads, traffic and best drivers in the world (ahem). It's really hard to meet people and make friends.
Dublin however is where, it generally rains all the time, people drink way too much, prices are way too expensive, the place is full of foriegners, the roads are crap except the news ones, nobody got anything out of the Celtic Tiger economy, there is no health service, no one is well off, every one is open, friendly, chatty and it's easy to make friends. ............generally mind you.
So it's more real in Dublin but, it's better yet harder here, Generally.
Another words given swings and roundabouts I am no worse off here than at home and I have my son and the Sun here. So erm what will I do?...................... generally I think I am staying. :-)

1 comment:

Steve said...

I don't know Ireland very well - just a bit of Counties Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford and Kilkenny - but I would add, "where the music is grand!" In fact, if you could tell me how to listen to Dublin FM 104 on line without wading through all of Real Player's and Windows Media's US stations, I'd be very grateful!