Sunday, September 04, 2005

You are black with a yellow T shirt and you lost so much

I saw you on TV today. I was so distant, so self sure of myself, so far away from New Orleans and so caught up in world politics, I had no idea you were there. I saw you on TV. I heard you talk about your wife. I heard about how you held her hand. I heard you say you couldn't hold on, or she asked you to let go, to look after the kids and the grandkids,.... I feel so bad. I can't do diddly squat for you. I will never meet you. I can't ease your pain. You will never read this. But you have lost so much more in a day, and around the time I had finally started to gain so much. Now the much I have gained finally, is so little, is so nothing,.....I want to hug you and hold you and tell you I love you. But fuck it what do you care what I think or feel? You are lost and alone and I hope you find someone to aid and assist you and help you in your time of need.


Perspective.........I just hope that if there is some reason for this, then maybe it's that people will realise that the 50 or so countries, many of which are portrayed as enemies of the united states, have offered help. They are not your enemy. They are with you. People are with people everywhere. I disagree with Mr. Bagent, I can hate and loathe your Government but just because you voted for them, it doesn't mean I hate you. It just means I disagree with your choice, but I can still love you and care for you and hope that you haven't lost people, that you haven't drowned and that maybe sometime in the future you will see a way to tell your Government to stop. I can do this because I know you are human just like me.
Honestly I would not trade places with any of you. But if you think I can do anything from where I am then let me know. I will do my best.

No comments: